Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

"Bluestone 42" BBC3 Episode 7 review

Not sure about "Bluestone 42". It's got a lot going for it. A bold idea, looks great (South Africa doubling for Afghanistan), two of the writers of "Miranda" and nice performances from a diverse cast.
It just didn't grab me. I wanted to like it. Think "M*A*S*H" meets "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum" meets "The Hurt Locker" (especially the handheld camera bit during the bombing scene). The pointless conversations about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scrabble, Greggs and a block of cheese were diverting. The mix of comedy with the serious doesn't quite come off. I liked the Afghan's comment, "sure I'm on your side, you pay me".
And that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Spam and links will be deleted by administrator.