This series has promised a lot in its 8 episodes and it delivered in the series final.
- We had the welcome return of "Madame Kali" (Helen McCrory). Expect more of her scene-stealing in Season 2.
- A touching farewell from theatre producer, Vincent: "Remember us better than we are," he tells The Creature, Caliban
- The show has never been afraid of filming in half dark, e.g. the vampire-hunting scene in the Grand Guignol.
- Frankenstein's throwaway line after he has smothered Billie Piper (future mate for The Creature): "Don't worry, I'll take care of the body."
- In the riverside pub, the long awaited wolfman transformation scene.
Season 2, Episode 1 has a nifty solution to The Creature's employment worries - working in a cut price waxworks featuring grisly tableaux of recent murders. Writer John Logan has added a coven of witches into this already meaty stew. There's a thrilling attack on a Hansom cab and a creepy scene with Frankenstein fondling Billie Piper's breasts (Caliban's soon to be reanimated mate).