Imagine a cross between Tahiti and Kangaroo Island (South Australia). Unique bird life. Amazing bush walks, rainforests, rock climbing. Snorkel, cycle and hand feed metre long fish on Ned's Beach. There is a range of accommodation available from self-catered units to upscale luxury lodges. Weather is mild throughout the year (20-25 degrees Celsius max, most rain in the winter months).
- Food and alcohol are pricey if you are self-catering. We stuck a wine cask in our luggage.
- Use visitnsw website.
- The island is less than 1km wide in parts, total length about 10 km. Hire a bike. Cars are sparse.
- Pack a jacket, can get windy.
- You can hire snorkelling gear there.
- The local museum is very informative.
- Walks range from 1 hour to full day.
- It is hard to take a bad photo!
We couldn't take off for two days due to strong winds. But being stranded in paradise was hardly tough.