- My first year of high school, best year.
- First disco, okay it was a social in the school library but I thought I had made it.
- Best joke of 1968 :"Have you heard about the half Japanese, half black guy? Every December 7, he attacks Pearl Bailey?"
- Planet of the Apes, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Get Smart, Laugh In, The Monkees, Hair! and Barbarella of course.
- first taste of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- listening to MacArthur Park on 3XY with the transistor under my pillow - our version of i-pod.
- end of year excursion to Point Leo Beach, a strangely erotic glimpse of Diane B.'s clump of underarm hair when we were digging in the sand. Innocence.
Saturday, 2 February 2013
1968 A very good year
If you want a time capsule that says "1968 cringe", watch and listen to the music in the opening titles for "The Wrecking Crew" (Dean Martin spy spoof). Guilty pleasure. You Tube it.