Well happy f**king birthday to me, I'm 57 today, so what have I learnt after 20 819 days? Not a lot.
So here are my top 7, gentle reader, make of them what you will:
- Listen, wait and think before opening your mouth.
- Whatever you think or say, someone has already thought it and said it a whole lot better than you. Nothing is new under the Sun, so move on...
- More is less, in all situations, except Point 4
- Read more, read widely.
- Your wife chose you more than you chose her, otherwise you would not still be married, dumb ass.
- Being negative achieves nothing.
- Having 'the last word', never works (see Point 1).