- All of Will Ferrell's introductions (honourable mention to Doris, the waitress in the background)
- Episode 1's Devon reading Jonas's compass inscription ("....Your Fat")
- Episode 2 "Welcome Home Darin" banner.
- The breakfast scene with nutbag Cynthia (Kristen Wiig) and Lady Ann York (Carey Mulligan).
- Post coital bedroom scene (Devon lying covered with mannequin body parts).
- Episode 3 Tobey Maguire's beat poet scenes/drug montage, loved the Dylan wig.
- Episode 3 Tim Robbin's death scene.
- Episode 6's beach love scene, booming waves and strange body part silhouettes.
Makes you want to re-explore those overblown but addictive mini series of the mid 70's. "Rich Man, Poor Man" was my guilty pleasure.
For a sendup of 80's horror schlock, seek out UK Channel 4's "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" (2004). There are several similarities: a wanker author to introduce the series, use of crap models, histrionics from the entire cast and dodgy editing.