- Some great Bunchy scenes this week. Dash Mihok is a great actor - to upstage Jon Voight takes something.
- Elliott Gould in a hospital johnny showing his tush on the L.A. streets
- The acid scenes with OCD, "Star Wars" figurine-loving FBI Agent Miller were inspirational
- The 5 star hotel sperm bank. Puts a whole new meaning to 'room service'.
- Lampshade obscuring the guy's junk in said hotel room. A tribute to Austin Powers' lampshade/naughty bits schtick?
- Introducing James Woods in the final scene. Good move, Showtime.
The final episode of "Dexter" was a change in tone and helped to redeem the series. The scenes on the Dexter's boat, heading into the storm were haunting and surreal. The mute, numb lumberjack .... who saw that one coming? I have my doubts about Harrison in Buenos Aires, though. That kid has been pushed from pillar to post ... must be a resilient little tacker.
Whereas "Ray Donovan" Series 1 has been consistently engrossing as well as good fun.
Episode 10, "Fite Night", was dynamite. In Episode 11, the scene in the gym with Ray and the priest knocked my socks off. The look on Abby's face when she sees the priest said it all. I also liked Conor playing video games with Avi, the ex-Mossad agent.
This series went from strength to strength.
Episode 12, a totally satisfying conclusion to Series 1. The marina shootout was stunning. Final scene on the beach with Ray's family, a delight. What a coup getting Michael Apted (master documentary director - "7 Up" series) to film the final episode.
Series 2 has much to live up to.
Apology: this is the crappiest post I have written, jumbled and haphazard. Written too late at night.