- The Herschell Gordon Lewis inspired gore fest dinner party with Myrtle's melon balls.
- Kathy Bates' talking head (shades of 80's cult horror "Reanimator") being re-educated, watching Queenie's "Roots"/Civil Rights movie marathon.
- Nan's nifty clairvoyance with comatose Luke
- Patti LuPone gets to sing (even though it is only "Just a closer walk with thee")
- The tantalising thought of an alliance between Fiona and Marie Laveau against the boys of Delphi.
- Hank getting the voodoo doll treatment.
- The final scene: hair salon massacre/LaLaurie's 'conversion' with moving anthem "Oh Freedom".
- Howard Deutch ("Pretty in Pink") directed the episode.
- Frances Conroy's campy Myrtle continues to chew up the scenery (contrast her work in "Six Feet Under).
Friday, 13 December 2013
"American Horror Story Coven " FX, 9 cool things about Episode 9, "Head" Plus a cool cameo in Episode 10
9 cool things about Episode 9:
Just when you thought AHS couldn't get any better, we get Stevie Nicks as Fiona bestie in Episode 10. She even sings "Rhiannon" at the piano and gives some twirling lessons to the swamp witch (Lily Rabe). Lily Rabe is starting to steal scenes (a tough gig with Lange and Bassett). She is stunning as the swamp witch, such a jump from the mad nun in Series 2.
Also the mice in the maze scene/raid on Delphi was inspired.