I stayed at the Sofitel (near Nusa Dua Beach Hotel). Here are my tips:
- Snorkel and mask, of course. I use sunblock and wear a t-shirt.
- Bring reef shoes for wading out past the breakers (when low tide) or flippers (high tide)
- Aim to snorkel at high tide (usually middle of the day - check tide times online) to avoid trampling out for 100-200 metres at low tide. Sea urchins can spoil your holiday.
- Getting back to shallow water is easy, just catch a wave (body surf).
- Observe where glass bottom boats are anchored (for the best coral and fish). Usually only one or two craft, never crowded.