- The bitchy banter between Fiona and her no-good son-in-law.
- Zombie siege (Nice prosthetic, dude, comments one hapless neighbour, soon to be disemboweled)
- Taissa Farmiga doing some fancy chainsaw work.
- Zombie bonfire in the back yard... more cedar chips please.
- Poignant stillborn baby scene (Fiona Goode does good)
- Atmospheric hospital lighting (shades of ITV's "Whitechapel" possessed police station)
- Surreal witch burning setting
- Use of Dr John's R&B "Right Place, Wrong Time"
- The Veronica Lake, "I Married A Witch" reference (forerunner of TV's "Bewitched")
- Spaulding playing with one of his dollies.... a bit too roughly... Snap.
- The continuing bonding of Queenie with LaLaurie.
- Angela Bassett's levitation bit.
- How Fiona is always 3 steps ahead of everyone else, this time using Queenie to trap Myrtle. Fiona tempting Queenie with the promise of being the first black Supreme (hang on, make that the fourth).
Thursday, 7 November 2013
"American Horror Story: Coven" FX Series 3, Episode 5 "Burn, Witch, Burn!" review
13 cool things about this episode: