- Dig a hole. Mine was about 30 cm deep (1 ft) with shallow spots. Ensure the site has some shade.
- Line with black PVC sheet (pond liner available at hardware stores).
- Trim with scissors but leave heaps (at least 60 cm) around the edges.
- Arrange rocks around edge (to stabilise the pond as well as hide the plastic sheet).
- I put a log in the centre.
- Add water plants in pots to oxygenate the water (you don't need a water pump).
- Ensure plants and soil/mulch cover black plastic liner. Frogs like plants that trail into water and logs or rocks in the sun for butterflies, lizards, etc. Native plants will attract bird life too.
- Fill with tap water.
|Our pond/bush garden is nearly 5 years old.|
|A balance of sun and shade is preferable.|
|This summer we noticed frog spawn.|